On Friday we went to Boston. There we visited little Italy where we purchased the oh so famous and delicious Canolis from Mike's Pastries. We continued on to Quincy Market, Old City Hall, the Old burial Grounds, Beacon Hill including Cheers, and moseyed amongst the park.


Saturday! We headed up to the north coast to Nubble Light House in York, Maine. Then we headed down to the beach where we played in the water. The cold weather made us crave New England clam chowder, so we went on a journey around the cutesy little winter ghost town to find some-SUCCESS! After fufilling our craving we headed to Portsmouth for some coffee and famous all natural organic brick oven pizza, DELICIOUS! I love Portsmouth, it is by far the cutest town. Then we headed back to Manchester and listened to some Jazzy Blues at the Strange Brew on Market Street.


Sunday! Church and lunch and then we headed off to Mt. Kersearge. Absolutely gorgeous hike led us to the fire tower. We met some gentleman that informed us of a great pumpkin festival in Keene, which the town lights up 20,000 pumpkins in the streets. Sooo, we headed off into the country on a hour and half drive. When we got there it wasn't dark yet, so we decided to visit the state of Vermont for the sake of it. Off we drove and shortly arrived in VERMONT. We went to such a cutesy little town with a blaze orange mountain overlooking. Gosh, I love fall here. That is where that pic comes from my last post. Back to Keene we headed, but apparently the festival was the night before...oh well, still a cute little town and we got some good ol' homecooked small town diner food. Oh and I forgot to mention our moose hunt...we weren't so successful at that, but maybe next time.



It was great to spend time with friends. I miss having a big group of good pals. It is so beautiful up here and I am totally in love with cutesy little New England towns.
3 comments:
that sounds like a wonderful weekend! I really want to live in Keene! I visited it via internet and fell in love with it. Mike was thinking about grad school at Keene State.
What an incredible weekend - how perfect.
I love the photos - and we have actually seen the lighthouse in the background of your photo - very cool.
Oh, I love new England through your blog!!!
It does sound like the perfect weekend!
It sounds like you are really enjoying life and living it to the fullest, which is awesome! Reading your blog makes me want to visit New England, maybe Luke and I will have to come up there with Izzy sometime.
Post a Comment