Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Funny the Way It Is

Time currently seems to be slowly creeping by at a turtle’s pace. I never thought I would hope and pray for summer to sneak out of here and allow fall to take over. However, in the grand scheme of life, I am amazed how life has flown by, almost like a whirlwind of events.

When did all these new little children replace us “kids” out on the farm on Fourth of July?
How is my dad retiring this Friday?
Why is it that my mom is getting to the age of needing surgical repairs? Sorry Marooska, you know its true.
When did my one and only little baby niece get to be four and a half? And how is it that I have two brother in laws?
Oh and remember just a year and month ago when I refused to go on a second date with a guy, never the less be in a committed relationship, and surely swore off the idea of ever getting married?

Me oh my, funny the way it is.

3 comments:

Lacey said...

Indeed. Funny.

Erik & Sarah said...

It is funny how you're anticipating something so much that it takes forever to get here, but when you look back time has somehow passed you by! Hang in there, he'll be back in no time!

Abbey said...

Yes, how things have changed!

You need to visit us ASAP.