Wednesday, August 12, 2009

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

I have been recently really learning about the concept of simple kindness. Sometimes I think this is harder then over the top kindness. I value the everyday, no matter what the circumstance, plain and simple nice attitude. I was trying to kill time by going to the bathroom before a recent job interview. Did I actually need to use the bathroom? No, but I had nothing else to do but pace back and forth. My nerves were causing my stomach to feel like it was going to toss up my morning OJ and Nutrigrain bar. Then came along the oh so pleasant cleaning lady in the bathroom. She told me that she liked my outfit after exchanging some jokes with each other. It was amazing how my nerves suddenly calmed by this ladies lovely ambiance and compliment. Try giving a random person a compliment this week. You never know how it might help them along their days journey.

2 comments:

Erik & Sarah said...

it's suprising how one small thing can change your whole day! thanks for the reminder :)

Abbey said...

how'd the interview go?