Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Simply Good Quality

What a great refreshing week! After 6 days off of work for complete quality time, Brian headed back to the daily grind today. My parents came into town this afternoon on a spur of the moment trip, because my mom got so stinking tired of being stuck in the house due to her surgery. Brian is on duty tonight, so I cooked up a tasty dinner, which were able to bring to him on the boat. He gave us a tour around, which we were all really impressed with his fine nautical knowledge. He had given me a tour on his second day of work but since then he has learned so much. What can I say? My husband is a smarty...and handsome too. Anyways, Brian's parents are coming into town on Friday. We are really excited to show them around, explore new places, and have them stay in our cute little house with us. I feel fortunate to have these next two months to spend with my husband. Quality time together has really become more precious and something we no longer take for granted, and I am grateful for that lesson learned in our relationship.

I just started in a Bible Study based of the book, One Month to Live: Thirty Days to a No-Regrets Life . I think recently I have been given a major reality check on what is really important in a day to day sense. I was stressing too much about my current lack of job situation, but that stress was getting me absolutely nowhere. So for now, I am going to give praise that we are fortunate enough to be financially stable and I have more time to spend with my little family of two and build our new marriage. A job would be great to have that extra cash to save and pay off loans, and I know my spendy mcspend pants husband would love to buy new toys, eat out, and go on more weekend trips like we used to back in my working/low cost of living days.

I am pretty for sure once I got settled in a job and the newness wore off, I would desire to be free from employment quickly enough once again. I really need to learn and practice contentment and gratitude in every situation. I look back on my previous job and see how much I cursed it on multiple occasions. Now that I am sitting at home feeling a bit useless, I realize that it really wasn't all too bad after all. If I had just appreciated it a bit more, perhaps the days would of been much more pleasant. So I give thanks for this day I have been given, thanks for my husband, my family, my friends, and all our multiple blessings. Yup, life really isn't too shabby...but I guess that is easier to admit now that I got my buddy back home.

1 comment:

The Coleman Newlyweds said...

Ahhh I love your new blog name :) I like reading about what you're doing and how life is going. Have fun with the inlaws this weekend!!!