Our weekend plans didn't exactly go according to plan. We were suppose to drive up to Blacksburg for dinner at Cabo Fish Taco on Friday, which marked three years since the shootings at VT. I feel like I just needed to be a part of the Virginia Tech community on that day. As far as Cabo Fish Taco, it is my favorite restaurant, where Brian and I went on our first date, after our engagement, and before his first Hokie football game. Its just a special place for us.
Well we hit the road later then planned, and shortly after journeying off on the not so open road, we came freakishly close to getting in a car accident (poor Sampson got some major whiplash). Within our first hour of sitting in traffic and not even making it to the interstate out of town, we reluctantly decided to turn around and head back to our house frustrated and defeated.
Brian had been trying his darnest to cheer me up all day, even before this roadtrip failure. Well my thoughtful husband decided that if it wasn't meant for us to go to Blacksburg, he would bring a piece of Blacksburg to me. He planned an amazing fish taco dinner. We had so much fun cooking together, and let me tell you Cabo Fish Taco, you have competition from the Dykens household. Our fish tacos were by far the best I have ever had. I am so grateful for my husband who cared and was thoughtful enough to make my day a little better. Even though our plans didn't go according to our plans, there was something better in store.
No comments:
Post a Comment