Tuesday, September 21, 2010

LiG

Last night Brian received an automated phone call from our bank stating that it appears that our account has fraudulent activities. Sure enough, after examining our account we saw a number of ludicrous charges from Miami: Toys-r-us, food at the airport, a hotel room, a cake shop, GAP, and even a stinking Jaguar shop.

We were instantly hit with an uneasy feeling in the pit of our stomachs. I am happy to say that we leaned on each other for support, never pointing any fingers on who could have been at fault. Our checking account has been wiped out, but we have faith in our trusty bank to clear the situation up.

While this unsettling feeling looms over us, we still consider ourselves very fortunate. Last night I told Brian, “In the grand scheme of life, this really isn’t a big life problem.” It really is true, and life will move on, regardless if we ever see that money again. The people that stole our card will also move on, and probably continue to commit fraud, but I truly hope that they see that they are living a life on an empty path and seek out a life of more meaning.

I don’t understand how individuals get to that point in their life that they resort to such a crime, and it is really sad to me. How were they raised? Did they have loving parents? Have they ever experienced true joy? I hope that one day they will be able to, because I am pretty sure that a new part to their Jaguar didn’t bring them that life satisfaction that they are probably craving so deep inside. While we may be lacking in the $1,000 that we had two days ago, Brian and I still have each other, still have an amazing support system around us, and are able to experience daily joy that we have been so incredibly blessed with. LiG (Life is Good)!

No comments: