Its beginning to look a lot like fall here already. Some leaves are changing and others are already falling to the ground. I hope they know it is only the first of September. I am not looking forward to the frightful winter here but I must say I am happy to see autumn make an appearance. It has grown to be my favorite season. I used to say I hated it as a kid because it was just a sign of death, and I surely didn't like the thought of dying. I was a wee bit dramatic as a young lad.
I am a little excited to close up shop in our house as well. We live on a busy street and though I like the hustle and bustle I think I will be glad not to hear the traffic and that dang loud bus that drives by every other minute (it seems). I will probably regret saying that later when I am feeling claustrophobic due to being snowed into the house. But for now, its getting to be that time to close up those windows and cuddle up in a hoodie and sweat pants.
I like it here a lot. The other night, Brian and I rode our bikes back from the Historic Third Ward after a visit to the Milwaukee Ale House. At dusk, we stopped along the lake, sat on some driftwood and watched the waves come in. It was so windy that the lake produced waves that reminded me a lot of the Gulf Coast. For a second I forgot where we were exactly. I miss friends and family back at home and in Ptown but I sure do love all the fun activities around here.
Cheers to Milwaukee. Everyone needs to come for a visit.
1 comment:
I was going to ask both how much you liked it and whether or not you were nervous about winter. I got both answers here. ha. I'm so glad you like it. And Samson looks dang good in that hoody. haha. Man winter will be crazy there! How many inches of snow do they usually get, do you know?
Post a Comment