Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My DIY Side Table

When we were newlywed and moving into our first "too big for us" home, we bought a bedroom furniture suite to fit. A problem with moving a lot is furniture fitting. Old Milwaukee homes are very cozy...cozy and small. You walk into our not so master bedroom now and say, "Why hello there big bed." Its such an awkward fit, with big furniture staring you down. Anyways, both our side dressers can't fit next to our King bed anymore, so we had been looking for a little budget friendly side table.

Well I decided that I needed a little project, especially with the awesome workshop that we have in our basement. An unemployed gal like me shouldn't go out and purchase a table, she should make it with her two bare hands. I didn't want to purchase any supplies for this table; I wanted to make it out of re-purposed items around the house. So off I went, exploring around the house. My lack of creativity was stunting me a bit, but then back behind the garage I found some cool pieces of wood~Light-bulb goes off~ I have a plan!


How great is this space?


Look what I found!


a little sawing here and a little sawing there
some messing up here and some messing of there
a little drilling here and a little drilling there
some wood gluing here and some wood gluing there
wallahh! we have a side table.

I love this table and it is perfect for the space. I am still contemplating staining or painting it. I kind of like its natural look.

Disclaimer: I staged the picture a bit *GASP* My sweet little creation is hosted on Brian's side and no he is not currently reading To Kill a Mocking Bird nor does he keep a pretty little coastal living bucket on it. On an ordinary day the table boasts a TV remote, cell phone, and some book on a come back football team.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

how cool! i like the natural look too! and the disclaimer made me giggle ;)