Love is patient
Love it always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
I was at Trader Joe's today just going about my day in my own little bubble, totally absorbed in my own life, until I noticed an elderly couple in front of me in the checkout line. The husband gently reached for his wife's hand and placed it on the cart. She shuffled her feet over and held on tight with her frail hands. It appeared to me that she suffered from dementia. Her husband looked worn, tired, but as soft hearted and loving as I have ever seen.
As the man was paying for his groceries I noticed his wife let go of the cart and slowly wandered out the automatic doors next to us and stood by the carts outside. I panicked and my hands started to shake. Should I tell this man his wife just walked out, what if she is in fact completely lucid? I carefully watched her to make sure she didn't go any farther before deciding whether or not to inform him. Fortunately he turned around shortly, dropped his card that he was paying with, dashed out the door and led her back inside. He so sweetly and lovingly whispered to her, "I just want you to be near to me."
That to me is the most beautiful example of enduring love.
No matter what Pat Robertson may say or what society thinks,
Love never fails.
1 comment:
This made me weep a bit this morning. ~ Maggie
Post a Comment