Monday, October 21, 2013

baby dedication



This Sunday we participated in the baby dedication at church. We made the public commitment to do we can to raise our precious girl in the ways of the LORD. It is also a time for the church to stand behind us in this declaration of intent. We are so thankful for our church family. We have been shown so much grace and kindness as Hannah has been showered with love. I am grateful for the Godly examples of family. 

Mark 10:13-16 People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them.  When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.  I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."  And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.

 

My biggest desire for Hannah is that she comes to know the Lord and lives her life with generosity and kindness. The hardest part of this sometimes is knowing that I am not always the best model for this. I want to be better for this little girl, setting a positive example for her. 

 

Proverbs 22:6 Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

 

One day I hope Hannah will make the public declaration of faith through baptism, but we believe that will be a personal decision for her to make. We can however lead by example, showing her the love of Christ through our own actions and life. The love I have for this little girl is immeasurable. To know that Jesus loves her even more is amazing. Being a parent has helped me have a better understanding of that love.

 
Romans 10:9-10 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

No comments: