Today was what I describe as one of those perfect days. I had the day off from work, so I woke up and went on a bike ride around town with my friend Karissa. I actually cut my leg and blood was dripping down everywhere so we walked across the street and went to a gorgeous park. We laid in the grass amongst the fall leaves and just chatted about everything in life. It was 70 degrees out today, just perfect. Once my leg was good to go and not bleeding as much we biked on back to my house. We biked on the brick sidewalk along side the millyard. I loved hearing the crunching leaves under my tires.
After that we went with Abbey and Morgann to a local hole in the wall diner on the West Side. Mmmmm...the food was amazing. Supposedly this place has been known to have presidential candidates and politicians from all sorts of walks of life come in and enjoy a good hearty breakfast.
The day didnt end there though. Abbey, Morgann, and I headed up north and went to Mt. Kearsarge. After a pretty tough hike, mainly due to the fact that a 45 pound kid was strapped to my back, we reached the top.The fall colors were spectacular and the view was incredible. Abbey said it just right with something along these lines, "days like today make me love life." Gosh, we live in such a beautiful world...a lot of which man has ruined with the hustle the bustle and greed. Natural beauty is something so amazing. I am more content in a day surrounded by nature then a day in a big city spending a lot of money.
Here is a picture to describe today's near perfection....I love the fall in New England

3 comments:
It sounds like a perfect day. Makes me want to move up there and do all those things with you guys! And the pic is great!
ME TOO! (to what emma said) I miss you guys like WHOA! It makes my throat hurt so bad... you know what I mean?!
Sounds so good!!!
perhaps some southern girls should plan a northern road trip - eh?
Post a Comment