Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Gobble Til' You Wobble

What a fun trip I had to Florida for Thanksgiving/Wedding Festivities!

Thanksgiving morning I headed to the airport around 4:45 am to fly into JAX. Erik picked me up from the airport and we headed across the panhandle to good ol' Tallahassee. I entered into a room full of Wickstrum/Keigley folk with the smell of Thanksgiving dinner welcoming me. The most exciting part was that we got to eat outside for Thanksgiving Linner...and it wasn't 30 degrees out. Still not warm enough to jump into the pool for a swim, even though Austin seemed to disagree and did so.

Next was what I call the Turkey Bowl. We had a good ol' game of backyard football; who knew Uncle Dale was so aggressive, even in his khakis and button down shirt. That night we played a little truth or dare with the girls...Maggie got a little wild, and mom and sally we now know hold many dark secrets.

Next day, off to Gainesville we went. The ladies got our nails done, then headed to the rehearsal. Dinner was delicious and good ol' quality family time was superb. Then the big day came! Erik and Sarah are now married and with marriages come more food and dancing too. We all had a blast dancing with little munchkins!

The next day I caught an earlier flight out of JAX before the weather got too bad. I flew back into Manchester at 4:30 pm. The sun had already set and snow dusted the runway. Oh how I already miss warm weather and a place where the sun doesn't set till after 5:30. Oh well..I get to go back to Florida for Christmas!

Some fun things to look forward to that I must blog about in the future:
1) Christmas formals at the Academy this weekend
2) NYC the next weekend
3) St. Pete, Florida for Christmas, including a Military Christmas ball in Orlando

2 comments:

Maggie Michael said...

If taking off your scarf is wild then send me to Dayton Beach to appear on next episode of SPRING BREAK '09 GIRLS GONE WILD!
Ow ow!

Lacey said...

I can't wait to hear about NYC - so cool. And what's with all the military balls? Are they fun, really?
And Florida for the holidays again? Wow.

And, let's see...Dale's hideen football aggression in his normal attire was a highlight for me as well.

Oh - and Mosely was just talking about at dinner how she loved the dance with you so long!