
This weekend was fantastic. I went down to Connecticut for the CGA Christmas formals. We went to the formals and looked all spiffy. The dinner was fun and the decorations at the dance were rather festive. On Sunday morning I woke up to snow. Brian and I drove out in the country to drop off his truck at his sponsor families house. It was so gorgeous with all the snow covered treetops and the rustic New England homes. We went to the old historic town of Mystic on the seaport, including a cutesy village of unique shops that all looked like they could be a model of a ginger bread house. It was perfect with a little bit of flurries and some hot chocolate in hand. Then we went to the Aquarium with his roommate and his girlfriend. I get in little kid mode when watching the penguins and such. Brian and I then went and got dinner to cook over at his sponsor family, who were staying at a resort on the ocean while they are renovating their kitchen. We walked around the resort hotel and checked out the Christmas decorations and took some pictures down by the beach. We also played a little competitive board games, including Apples to Apples. Their family was so enjoyable to be around. Then the time came to say goodbye, and I headed back up to good ol' New Hampshire for some fun ol' time at work : - P
3 comments:
guess where mike and I are staying when we start renovating our house??? That is right, our house :)
That sounds like a great weekend!!!
sounds like one of those perfect weekends to remember..love ya ...mom
Oh - so much fun. How cute are those penguins and how cute is your jacket with the fluffy hood?
I love Mystic - Kevin and I went there once and said we want a beach house there. (Which may happen when at about the same time as maggie remodeling her house and staying at her beach home while the work is done.)
Post a Comment