
This weekend Brian and I journeyed off to the big city of New York. We had all intensions of romantic skating at Rockefeller Center, strolling casually down 5th avenenue, mingling from store to store, and enjoying Time Square. Well, we did have an excellent time, but the city was jammed packed with people for the Holidays. The stores had lines around the block, and there was madness everywhere. We went to see the tree at Rockefeller and discovered that we were just squashed sardines in the crowd. We saw a lot of the sites and took tons of pictures. We even took a carriage ride through central park, which was magnificent. One of my favorite excursions was when we went to the top of the Empire State Building. It was absolutely amazing to look over the whole city; it kind of looked like a giant Lego town.
Story Time:
Brian and I were walking around 5th Avenue, but all the stores were wicked packed. I was getting ravaging hungry, but Brian thought it would be a neat to go to Tiffany & Co. which has six floors. Luckily there wasn’t a line to get in, but there was a line to get on the elevator. I had the idea of starting on floor six and working our way down. Well we got impatient with the elevator so we decided to haul it up the stairs. Up we went still wearing our winter apparel. By the 4th floor I decided that I wanted to give up and go to the 4th floor and catch my breath. As soon as we step inside, Brian declares that he needs to find a bathroom, and jets off. I started to look around the boring floor of different silver gifts like baby spoons, pens, flasks, and even dradles. I started to think it was weird that Brian all of the sudden ran off to find a bathroom and that he was so persistent about going to Tiffany and Co. in the first place. Surely enough Brian arrived back to the 4th floor with a gift bag in hand. Apparently, the sweet fella had ordered me some beautiful dangly pearl earrings prior to our trip, in which he actually had to pick up on the 6th floor. He was afraid that there was going to be a huge line to get into the store, and that I wouldn’t want to wait, but luckily that wasn’t the case. However, out of shape me couldn’t make to the six floor, so instead he had to dash off to “find a bathroom.” Anyways, it was a very special Christmas present and a cute story.
What a great weekend. I have had the opportunity to do a lot of fun things and go to a lot of neat places lately. I think this weekend I might take a breather, relax a bit, and get ready for my trip for Florida on Christmas Eve.
I miss home, friends, and family a lot. I hope everyone has a VERY Merry Christmas. I am going to miss being at home for Christmas, but am still excited to be in warm weather. I love reading all of your blogs; makes me feel a little closer to home.
8 comments:
Love to read you blogg. We are so proud of you. This will be the very first Christmas we wont have you at home. We hope you have a great time in Florida and attending the Milatary Ball with that boy!!
Dad.
Your trip sounds so fun - and what a great surprise from that boy!!!
okay, so why am i known as that boy? Just curious. Love you.
yeah sorry bud, i don't know why. I refer to you as Brian typically. :-)
do you call brian buddy? because I call mike buddy!
Oh man, and I call Kevin buddy. I thought I was an original.
By the way Brian, I really have never referred to you as "that boy" before but Uncle Wayne's comment just made me laugh.
I think mike is still "That boy" Sometimes he is "That Marine", Mike calls Brian "Coast Gaurd" We have funny boys in our family. Dad and Mike have to put on Tough Guy image
Hi Brian, Buddy, That Boy.
Don't worry you are good. Take good care of Sarah this weekend.
See you soon.
Sarah's Dad.
Ps Mary needs to tell the history behind That Boy some day.
Post a Comment