Sunday, July 5, 2009

The time you think you're missing, misses you too.



Howdy hey! Well well well what a week it has been, from saying a very tough goodbye to enjoying family and friends.

Why do I love 4th of July?

It a celebration involving family and friends, and is not engulfed by consumerism. I just love it. I love the cookouts, quality time, and celebration of our freedom.

I spent the 3rd this year on a hike with some friends to Crab Tree Falls. We headed about 2 hours up to Nelson County for this lovely hike up a series of steep falls. Did you know that Crap Tree Falls host the largest vertical drop waterfall east of the Mississippi River? 25 folks have died while attempting to stand at the top of the falls but slipped on the slippery moss. Interesting facts of the day. Luckily we all wore our thinking caps that day and stayed safe on and near the trail, including our canine friend. God's beauty anyone? Amazing I tell ya.

On to the 4th- lake trailer fun, we can call it the redneck float club. We tied floats together and anchored ourselves onto the docks and rode out the waves from all the traffic on the lake. Then I headed out to the annual party at the farm. Good food, good family and friends, and the annual firework spectacular made for a lovely day. Not going to lie though-my favorite holiday without hubby hoo made me a little blue, but that is okay. My love for that man has grown so much while he has been away. Who knew emails could be so precious?

2 comments:

your husband said...

Hey baby, I CAN READ YOUR BLOGS I CAN I CAN. I love it, sounds like you had a blast. You look so cute in the picture. Love you very much baby. Keep the blogs going.

Lacey said...

Hey - crabtree falls was Riley's first big hike and first camping experince. she pooped in the woods - and some other places too - ask kevin!!!