Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Signs of a Homecoming

If you come to our house, what four key signs could you find that indicate that Brian is going to be home soon?

1) The jersey cotton sheets have been replaced with cotton/polyster sheets on our bed.
Explanation: Brian thinks that the oh so fantastically soft jersey sheets make him feel sweaty. When we were zapping away items registering at Target we agreed on two different sets of sheets: a) the while Brian is away cozy sheets b) while Brian is home average household sheets.
Though I will miss my jersey sheets, I much rather cuddle with my cozy Brian.

2) The shower floor is sparkly white. Who knew that its natural color wasn't a brownish tint?

3) The entrance flower bed is not completely overtaken by weeds. I pulled up 5 large moving boxes worth of weeds. I honestly didn't think it looked so out of control until I saw how much better it looked in the finished product.

4) The dining room table no longer looks like a mail room. Perhaps we can eat at it now.

Ah, a fresh clean organized house. I'd like to think that I will keep it that wait...or perhaps I will just wait to clean and scrub it again in February when Brian comes back from being underway all winter.

4 comments:

Emma Joersz said...

I too became quite a fan of jersey knit sheets in college and discovered at wedding registry time that we would be switching to cotton sheets---I've tried to sneak them in since then and you know what? I think they're a little sweaty now too- I guess with two people it's different? I'll have to try them again sometime when Jon is away! Ha! So glad Brian is coming home TOMORROW!!! Yeh for you!

Lacey said...

Uh - Emma, you just inadvertently commented about two people in bed together making sheets sweaty.
What in the world??

Sarah Gouger said...

Haahaa! I enjoyed both emma's and especially lacey's reply :)

Glad he's going to be home soon!

(I thought I'd finally leave a comment :)

Heather Paige said...

So blog about him being home already. haha.