
Geeze Louise, I never really appreciated the mountains here until I left and came back. I am taken back by such the beauty in Franklin County. I was always frustrated in high school at the thought that we probably have more cows then people in this spread out county of farmland.
I really don't think there is any smell better then fresh cut grass and hay in the late summer. As I drive past open country land with the windows down and my nose tickling, I am always taken back to life as a kid out on the farm. I literally find myself squealing in excitement as I am driving around this area because it is so dang gorgeous, definitely which you would of never heard me doing that as a teen. It was more like, "dang field, dang cows, dang trees, dang person with only two front teeth, oh and look another freaking deer."
The other early evening I was driving back from Ferrum Minutemarket from a bread and beer run with my Dad. The smell with the windows down was so delightful. As I was steering around the bends of Skillet Rd. at dusk, I caught myself wishing I had my camera on me to capture the orange glow throughout the sky. Up above the rolling hills and pastures of cows was the most beautiful full moon lurking over us.
Oh my goodness, I am such a country girl and never even knew it. I think I even married a country boy at heart. Granted the fella grew up in a city near the beaches of Florida, but he sure does love to drive the tractor out on the farm, and loves to blare that country music down the road in his pickup truck. He even looks so very handsome in his cowboy hat. Yeehaww and good day folks from the Dykens family.
No comments:
Post a Comment