Monday, November 9, 2009

Check List

Whats new with da' Dykens?

We are *attempting* to get back into shape. I swore I would never become one of those newlyweds that "let themselves go" after saying I do. I promised I would keep on eating somewhat relatively healthy and find a new gym the moment we moved. Brian and I were determined to continue running throughout our May and June travels all up and down the coast. Well quickly enough graduation, Florida, wedding, honeymoon, moving, and Brian going underway hit us like a whirlwind and here we are 6 months later. Woah, how did half a year already whirl through and knock us on our physical fitness butts. One week without routine lead to the next week of laziness, to the next week of complete forgetfulness, and now here we are months and months later with ridiculous sore muscles with our attempts of rebuilding them.

Amazing how quickly I can let myself go, whether with my eating habits, relationship with God, marriage, exercise, gossiping habits, or even that stinking laundry hamper. I am stunned how rapidly I fall short of expectations. I should make a daily clean up list for all components of my life. Doing the laundry, taking the dog to the vet, cleaning the bathrooms, and completing my next P90X workout doesn't exactly cut it either. How about talk to God, speak with patience and kindness to my husband and those around me, lend a helping hand, don't let my emotions get the best of me, stay positive, don't get discouraged so easily, and remember to breath.

I would say I was reasonably physically fit last year, but now here I am starting back from scratch. Its alot harder to start from scratch then to keep with routine and continuously stretch myself beyond my own comfort, selfishness, and laziness.

Wouldn't this workout program be so much less painful if I still were in decent shape?

Wouldn't I trust God more if I had just kept on praying through both trials and joys?

Wouldn't I be so much less frustrated with the laundry if I had just done one load every day or so rather than always playing catchup?

Wouldn't I have better relationships if I always remembered to speak kindly?

Wouldn't plucking my eye brows be less painful and sneezful (made up word) if I didn't let them grow wildly for a month?

If you answered, yes. yes. yes. yes. and yes, A+ for you on the end of the blog quiz. Bravo!

No comments: