Anyways, we took it easy on Friday except for driving to Salem to eat at Momma Maria's. Saturday we ventured out despite the rain and fog and wind up to Chatuea Morsissette. I have been looking forward for so long to show Brian this winery up in the mountains and I have been ranting and raving about the pretty view and scenary. Well we hardly could see a couple of feet in front of us, but it was very SPOOK-tacular for a Halloween day. Sampson had a grand time at the dog friendly winery, where he was spoiled with treats by the employees and was petted by everyone there. Our family ate at their restaurant there where we had so many laughs over ridicolous things and had the most delicious linner. My mouth is watering right now thinking about it. Brian and I split lobster cheesecake, butternut squash soup, and seared duck. After that we drove home to eat Brian's homemade candy corn cheesecake. Well done sir, delicious. Brian and I got to work on our Mickey Mouse carved pumpkin and roasted pumpkin seeds.
Sunday we enjoyed mom's BBQ ribs, my mulled wine cider, and Aunt Sally's delicious apple dumplings. Though the weekend was dreary, we had a great time. Sampson loved being out in the country, and enjoyed all the new smells. The trees were gorgeous as they were painted in colors of fall. Now to a new week, new month, and change of time. I am looking forward to November and time with my husband.
1 comment:
Love sampson in the hokie gear!
Post a Comment