Ever afraid to just dive on in?
Personally, I have a lot of fears. In fact in a more literal sense, I have never really fully learned how to dive. The best I have accomplished is one of the squatted down penguin dive like maneuvers, where I kind of plummet head first into the pool.
Time after time I belly flop. Its more painful in the end, but for some reason less scary to initially accomplish.
Living in a new town alone is daunting for me at times. Sometimes I rather stay in my house away from the traffic, tunnels, and interesting eclectic mix of individuals. What good does that do though?
I have a feeling we have many many moves ahead of us to new places. Dive on in? Belly flop? Or maybe that awkward penguin plummit? I think I am a penguin plummiter right now here in Hampton Roads.
Here is a video of our boy Sampson after his many attempts to make the leap of faith. With encouragement and direction he definitely improved. Sometimes we all need a little extra "ooomph" from those that we love.
No comments:
Post a Comment