Brian has spent the last few days in route down towards Haiti. Please pray for his crew, as well as all others serving over there. I am proud of the Coast Guard and their efforts in Haiti. Here is a tid bit of an email from Brian:
"Oh last night on my 0000-0400 watch, we were near the Liberty of the Seas (huge cruise ship) and it had a laser light show going for over 2 hours and lit up the whole sky around us. It looked like a huge party. At times I thought how I would love to be over there partying it up, but then it hit me. These people are going crazy, spending tons of money, and having fun, yet less than 100 miles away there is sadness, death, hunger, and disease. It is amazing how the world turns. In such a small corner of the globe you can have havoc, yet almost 100 miles away is a large party.... Those people on the cruise should have a port call in Haiti and help out or something, or feed the people of Haiti in the large buffet lines, and never ending food on a cruise ship. I am happy to be on my Coast Guard boat bobbing around waiting to help wherever that help may be needed."
No comments:
Post a Comment