I have mentioned before how love changes, but with that, it grows. Yesterday, I expected my husband to come in the door dead tired, but instead he bounced into the house holding grocery bags with such excitement. He tossed out big ol’ portabella mushrooms, bell peppers, bananas, and asparagus, each time stating in glee what he had purchased. Then to top it off he told me how he was heading to the aisle to get frozen yogurt, but saw that Harris Teeter’s ice cream was on sale, and land behold he saw my favorite ice cream, which I have been unable to find since I was in college. Every time we go to get ice cream at the store, I always look to see if by chance the store carries Fried Ice cream. Silly, I know, but I was so dang excited that he not only got me my favorite ice cream, but remembered my love for it. Then to top it all off, he had stopped at Tropical Smoothie and picked both us up delicious smoothies.
Soon after his arrival from home, I had to make a run to the Post Office. While driving, I displayed a smile from ear to ear, and my heart felt overwhelmed with love. There were no flowers, heart shaped chocolates, nor a candlelit dinner needed. I don’t know at what point mushrooms, asparagus and ice cream had the ability to make my heart dance, but none the less I am grateful for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment