Thursday, February 18, 2010

Leamy Hall Loving

Since Brian has left, I have replaced our Monday night “How I Met Your Mother” TV date night ritual with one of the world’s cheesiest but addicting “reality” shows, The Bachelor. Now I do admit, I am hooked on it for entertainment purposes but I am also intrigued by its unrealistic expectations of love that it presents.

Basically, if you haven’t seen the show, a bunch of pretty but overly emotional hopeless women compete for the love of a handsome airline pilot, Jake. All these ladies dream of marrying their prince charming Bachelor and live happily ever after…I mean that’s what love is about, right?

I think I could fall in love with a monkey if you put me on an island with unlimited wine, sunsets on the beach, luxury suites, candlelit dinners, and everything that screams romance.

My main thought on this, I am so glad Brian and I fell in love in one of the least romantic places imaginable, the US Coast Guard Academy. Most former cadets describe such place of education and training as prison, hell, a place of misery and tears, etc. In the beginning stages of dating, we spent almost every Saturday sitting on those hard wooden sofas with Styrofoam filled cushions in the bland Leamy Hall where we would spend all day talking and learning all about each other. For the most part, we had to refrain from PDA, though we did sneak in some kisses and quick cuddling. I have some of the best memories in that cold concrete walled building getting to know my future husband.

I am glad to know we didn’t need rose petals sprawled out over sand with a five course dinner looking over the ocean in order to fall in love. Though it probably didn’t hurt that Brian was stuck wearing his very sexy uniform.
This pic is from the day Brian proclaimed his love for me in Leamy Hall. Haha, how cute.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

hahaha "I could fall in love with a monkey" that line was hilarious.

so funny.

but so true!

Maggie Michael said...

I totally am imagining you in a jacuzzi with a monkey sitting on the other side of it, and he has a pipe and a mustache. you give him the come hither look. Except you look more like a Jersey Shores cast member.