Friday, February 12, 2010

The Real Housewives of Franklin County


I find it ironic when a person proclaims, “I hate drama.” Shoot girlfriend or boyfriend (not being gender specific here), you my friend probably just aggravated your little drama situa-muation by saying that silly little phrase. The reality is, we all secretly (or not so discretely) are somehow intrigued by drama. Check it: reality TV shows, celebrity news, rumors, sororities (shh, don’t tell anyone I was in one myself), drama TV and movies, and even peeking into people’s life via facebook. Now now now sweet cheeks, that doesn't sound like a hate for drama to me.


Do we love drama? Well maybe love isn't the word for it, but I do think most people have some interest in drama with one condition; as long as our selves or someone close doesn’t get hurt or overly annoyed.


Is it stupid? *pouty face**puts left hand on hip and waves right index finger in zigzag motion through the air* "Mmmmmm…hmmmm"

4 comments:

Abbey said...

you know, these past seven months with the boys has really changed my attitude about drama. I used to thrive too much off of making fun of others drama and "venting" - aka gossiping. I think changing that attitude is hard if you don't see true "Drama". (Cause if seriosly sick babies is not dramatic, I dont know what is!) I am not saying I am perfect in any way and God has changed my heart a lot. I just dont know how to politely say: "Really, I just dont want to hear about it!"

Brian said...

What inspired you to write this? haha

sarah said...

The Real Housewives inspired it, those women were cracking me up, even though their lives are rather sad. Its so silly, this world is SO silly!

sarah said...

Abbey, you just gotta do the the finger zigzag wave with the hand on your hip and say, "nah-uh girlfriend, I ain't listening to that!" haha!

I am glad to say my life is pretty much 100% drama free, but I do find myself trying to peak into others as entertainment to myself, which is so stupid. Like really, whats it my business why so and so broke up or got together, etc. I think I have gotten a lot better with gossiping, but I do catch myself, and think, "well that was just plain out mean of me, gross."

Now just tell those cute little babies to get ALL better and stop with their true "drama". They are much too sweet to have all their troubles, poor guys.