
In order to understand how bad it had gotten just close your eyes (okay, not really cause you won't be able to read this) and picture in your head a complete ground cover of crabgrasss (I think) that has grown up to a foot tall. The whole entire garden area was completely overcome with these awful tough weeds, to where you could no longer even see our monkey grass. I couldn't keep up with them to save my life, and when I returned from a trip they had quadrupled in their dictatorship. So with the help of two friends, we went to town on those pesky weeds, digging them deep into their roots and finally cleared the area. I would estimate that we dug up well over 50 pounds of weeds and roots.
I used a massive amount of Round Up and Preen, placed tarps over the area, and put down eight bags of mulch plus more Preen. Phew, not to mention the heat index has been above 100 while doing all of this project. So without further adieu, I present to you the final (well perhaps we will add some flowers soon) transformation......
1 comment:
it looks great! can't believe you did all that in this awful heat we've been having. do you want to come voer and weed my yard :)
Post a Comment