Monday, December 6, 2010

Alternative Way of Giving


I have always been uneasy about the growing obsession of Christmas presents. We are completely and utterly losing the meaning of Christmas in the storm of consumerism. I notice an increasing number of people spend the Holiday season looking overwhelmingly stressed with pleasing their family members, the piling bills, and credit card debt. Its hard not to get caught up in the madness.

However, my mind was put at much ease this Christmas season as my home church introduced me to http://www.worldcraftsvillage.com/. I was able to purchase beautiful and unique items for my family members that were crafted by artisans in poverty stricken countries. As I purchased stunning presents to give to those I love, I have in turn helped someone in need. Perfect as all gets out in my opinion. I highly encourage you to check it out.

"WorldCrafts is a collection of unique and beautiful handmade items from around the world. These high quality products are fairly traded items, which means they are produced under non-exploitative conditions by artisans who are paid a fair wage."

I truly appreciate the love that our family members pour out to us through their gracious giving of gifts. Brian and I have already received a handful of wonderful gifts already, and we are so grateful for those. I just hope and pray that none of the those wonderful presents we received caused the least bit of stress on any individual nor caused their minds to deviate from wonderful celebration of our Lord and Savior's birth.

Tis' the Season!

No comments: