Friday, January 28, 2011

A new voyage.


I would be lying if I were to say that the idea of moving somewhere mysterious soon does not make me feel all anxious inside. I would also be lying if I were to say that I am not extremely anticipating getting word to as to where the heck the Coast Guard is sending us.

You see, I am not always necessarily the biggest planner when it comes to my day to day activities. I like to fly by the seat of my pants (I think thats how that saying goes). However, when it comes to these bigger life milestones I plan like a crazy women. For example, I started looking into colleges my freshman year of high school, looking through every potential school's websites frontwards and backwards. Likewise, I have already researched houses, activites, and the way of the land of all the potential areas that we may end up this summer. Its kinda obsessive if you ask me.

I am excited, yes. New places, new adventures, new opportunities...it sounds great. However, the idea of starting over and meeting new friends is daunting. If you asked me the first few months of living here if I liked this area you certainly would of heard my list of gripes and discontement. However, things have changed, and it has become home. Sure it may not always be the most charming, but it has become my comfort zone. I don't want to run home to mom and dad's house every weekend to escape. I like it here, I like our friends, our house, our everyday pattern of life. I finally know how to drive to point A to point B without my GPS.

Starting over isn't always easy. I think I am ready, but I gotta say I am bit scared. But non the less bring it on...and please please please for the love of Texas Pete, tell us already where we are moving dear Coast Guard.

2 comments:

Brent and Abigail said...

i was hoping at the end of this you would announce your next placement/assignment/duty? not sure what the coast guard calls it. hope you hear soon.

Sabasue said...

haha, this does appear to be a fake out announcement. I have been dwelling on it too much lately. I need to occupy my mind with other things.