Thursday, January 13, 2011

youversion


Starting with the New Year, our church is reading through the New Testament twice in 2011. Brian and I made a commitment to join along. Our pastor pointed us to a very useful resource, youversion.com It allows you to customize a reading plan to keep you on track, and it even has a handy dandy "catch me up" button if you fall off track a bit. You can even download their free app on your mobile device to keep you updated while on the go. I think Brian's favorite feature is the audio versions of the Bible. He can sit in bed and just listen along. I think the dramatic version is a bit odd at times (the devil and demon's voices are beyond creepy), but none the less it is a great tool for those nights that you simply can't focus on reading. There is also an accountability option where you can send your reading report to a friend, as well as groups you can join. This site has already been very useful to us and I am certainly glad we have joined in on this journey through the New Testament.

No comments: