Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mix it up

We eat a salad just about every night and I was getting tired of the same ol same ol dressings in our fridge. Besides, they get old and I end up throwing them out before we can finish them. We used to have up to 10 different kinds at a time, and it was getting to be too wasteful. So, I just started making my own. I like it a lot and it saves on money. I just throw in this and that and the other, and normally it turns out pretty good. The other night I particularly enjoyed one that I prepared. Though I am sure some of my measurements are off since I just threw stuff together, the recipe is loosely as follows:

- 1 and half tablespoons of Honey Dijon
-2 tablespoons of oil
-1 and half tablespoons of half&half
-1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
-1/2 teaspoon of balsamic vinaigrette.
-salt and pepper to taste.
*add soy sauce to compliment Asian dishes

No comments: