
7 days into the New Year brought a bad decision. Well maybe I should call it the worst action since it was completely unconscious, though I do believe unconscious decision appears to be a valid term. You know, when your brain makes a decision for you without your permission, almost like it is out to get you. Yes, one of those.
It was Mexican dinner night in our house. The night before was an Island theme....we like diverse food in our house; we don't discriminate. Well, The enchiladas were easily prepared by Brian and were looking mighty delicious. I was preparing the serrano peppers, removing their insides including their spicy seeds. My nose started to run a bit, so being the elegant lady that I am, I wiped my nose....with my hand....my hand that was soaked with pepper juices.
BURNING! BURNING! BURNING! Why is my face on fire? Why is snot pouring out of my nose? With tears streaming down my face, I looked in the mirror with bloodshot eyes and saw flaming red above my upper lip and nose. I yelled at Brian to prepare a soapy rag for me. Apparently I thought he was moving in ultra slow motion, so the loving wife that I am screamed at him to move faster.
The burning settled gradually throughout the night. I however remained cranky and my chille rellenos turned out pretty terrible. Later in the night Brian prepared me some chocolate milk to cheer me up. You would think I was five years old, but its the little things in life, right?
Hopefully that can remain the worst decision of 20011. I'd say it would be a really successful year if that's the case.
2 comments:
i dont touch those things anymore. i cut one up one morning - then that night after washing my hands numerous times during the day - went ot take out my contacts. the oil was still on my fingers and i had to throw those contacts out and my eyes burned for days. nasty little tasty things :) I've never had it up my nose before. that sounds a lot more painful. hopefully this is the worst decision of the year for you! but dont come over and pick peppers off our garden this summer/spring
I laughed soooooooooooooo much over this. I did a similar thing... but I cut myself while trimming the peppers... YOWZERS! Thanks for a good laugh!
Maggie
Post a Comment