Tuesday, January 4, 2011

officially appreciate

We are hoping to buy a nice new camera in the somewhat near future. The camera piggy bank is starting to grow slowly but surely. So with that I have been trying to figure out Paint.net. This program was originally created as a graphic design project, but continues to be run by some of its alumni and has become rather advanced. Though it does not offer everything under the sun like photoshop, it is comparable to the average user. Best part about it is that it is free.

Anyways, back to the whole point of this. The other day I sat down and looked at some tutorials on layers and all that jazz. I was completely lost. I followed some pretty simple instructions to create a button like graphic. When it was all said and done, I was shocked how long it took me to create such a simple little graphic. I officially appreciate.

Check out my pathetic little tutorial project. Seriously, how in the world did that little thing take me an hour.

No comments: