Finding a new church is something that I both look forward to and dread at the same time. Its an exciting opportunity in a new place, but it also means leaving our current church that has become a part of our family. The most difficult aspect in the process of finding a new church is balancing the act between being down right judgmental versus cautious and wise in choices. It is incredibly hard not to be too nit picky and constantly comparing. As I am browsing around online for a church I am already experiencing some of these feelings.One thing I absolutely love and respect about our current church is that we proudly promote that we are a multi-racial congregation. You will see that as soon as you walk into the doors. I always grew up with the idea that different cultures have different ways of worship and therefore it is completely acceptable to go our separate ways when it comes to church services. Our church here does not agree with that notion, and I have been blessed to experience worshiping, learning, fellowshiping and serving together. During the time of praise and worship last night, I looked around and took in the beautiful sight of our multi-racial congregation. I got goosebumps thinking, "Man, this is just a taste of Heaven." When we get there, I think it is going to be the most beautiful harmonious congregation worshiping together in the name of Jesus. I am so excited for this!
As I have been browsing around online for a new church in Milwaukee, one thing I have been looking for is a multi-racial church. They are hard to come by, but it is something I have grown to love. I am not sure if I am being too picky here, and therefore am missing out on the opportunity to be a part of some other great church. I know I need to have faith that God will lead us to the right church. I am ready to get planted in and am ready to grow in Milwaukee!
1 comment:
Go Check out Megan and Ben's Church: Transformation City Church. They have a great website: http://www.transformationcity.org/ MAGGIE
Post a Comment