Look what my husband built for me.

While I ferociously weeded out our overgrown back jungle, Brian built me two awesome planter boxes. We had purchased five sweet little herbs (rosemary, cilantro, oregano, basil, and onion) earlier that day at our amazing farmer's market.

Yesterday Brian planted our tiny little veges in the making that we had been growing in our sun room window. We might be lagging a bit behind on the planting season, but none the less it will be fun to see how big they will grow this summer.

I told Brian that as much as I am enjoying our current urban lifestyle, I would really love to live off the land one day, completed with chickens and a cow. His response, "how do you get skim milk from a cow? Is it a skinny cow?" I think he was joking.....

We also have a few other more mature veges to enjoy, those being tomatoes, red peppers, and my new best friend, our pumpkin plant. We may have to give hay rides out to our back yard for the neighborhood kids to see our mighty pumpkin (don't let the picture deceive you from its growing potential).

Whether or not we reap a lot from the mini harvest it has been fun to create and imagine. I absolutely love being able to walk outside and pick some herbs for my dinner masterpieces. Hopefully next year we will be able to get an earlier start on our urban garden.
No comments:
Post a Comment