Early on in pregnancy I was determined not be focused on that one date, the estimated due date. I knew very well that our little one could easily be born up to two weeks after said projected date. Regardless, when week 38 hit I began to feel like I was obsessively waiting. Now that today is my due date I sit here wondering, where the heck are you little baby, get out get out! The thought of waiting two more weeks makes me want to cry....and actually has made me cry....like a sobbing baby.
I didn't realize how hard this wait was going to be and how the days would start to drag. Brian and I are trying our best to enjoy these last few days just the two of us, but it can difficult. Our anticipation rises every hour that passes. I don't think I have ever experienced a wait just like this one.
In the meantime we have been finishing stuff up around the house. I have had a lot of fun (and frustration) learning how to sew as I made many items for the nursery. I found a general nursery theme that I liked on pinterest. However, it was ridiculously pricey to buy all the items on Etsy (like over $500 bucks!!!). I decided I would whip out the sewing machine and give it my best try. I bought all the fabric I needed for around $75. Granted, as I started sewing I started to realize why people charge so much on Etsy. It can be rather time consuming, especially if you are like me and are completely clueless. Regardless, I slowly but surely made curtains, crib skirt, crib blanket, zippered boppy cover, changing pad cover, and a throw pillow. They are all far from perfect but the self satisfaction of doing it myself makes up for the crooked sewing, funny edges, etc.
Brian and I (mainly Brian) even refinished an old oak dresser and bookshelf, both of which we got for FREE. I even made some wall word art on canvases that I got for maybe 10 bucks at Michaels. It was a rewarding experience to create such a fun nursery for so little money. Besides the crib, I think we spent the most money on painting supplies for our old plaster walls (man those sure do soak up paint). We have actually been contemplating moving and I think the biggest thing holding me back is the work that went into painting that room. You could say I have a bit of an unhealthy attachment to it now.
Besides the constant need to clean up our ever messy house, I am so ready to get the ball rolling. Come on baby! Your auntie Maggie really wants to share a birthday with you tomorrow!
1 comment:
Love what you did with the nursery! Great colors and theme! And made with love... all that sewing is totally worth it. Beau and I are getting excited for you and Brian... any day now! :)
Post a Comment