Monday, February 11, 2013

week 2

Our little bug turned 2 weeks old on Friday. Holy cow, time flies! She is growing so fast and continuing to change everyday. At her 2 week weigh in she was up 9 ounces from the week before. She was officially over her birth weight, weighing in at a whopping 9 pounds 4 ounces. It was such a relief since she never nurses longer than 10 minutes at a time. I knew she was a speedy eater but couldn't help feeling stressed that she wasn't getting enough to eat since all the books say that they should be nursing for 30 plus minutes. It was a big weight lifted off my chest knowing that she is getting plenty to eat and gaining weight accordingly.


I think her pediatrician did jinx her a bit saying it was okay for her to now sleep throughout the night now that she is past her birth weight. I didn't tell her that I had already been letting her sleep the night. The night before her appointment she slept 7 straight hours, but now ever since she has been given official approval to sleep the night she hasn't slept more than 3-4 hours at a time. I'll still take it though, knowing that a lot of newborns sleep no longer then 2 hours.

Yesterday marked the last day of 17 straight days of house guests. We were so glad to see so much family and for all the helping hands. It is nice to have a little quiet in our house now (besides a crying congested baby).

Hannah is starting to get a little fussier as she is emerging out of her sleepy state. It is neat to see her so bright eyed but I do miss our tiny little peaceful gal. Growing up is tough.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love and miss you all soooo much. Thank you for letting us be a part of that special occasion!!!
Memaw and Poppie