Monday, February 18, 2013

week 3-my little buddy

Oh how I could talk and talk about how fast this girl is growing but I suppose I will spare you the same story, different week. But for real, this girl is growing!
Pre baby I never was much of a fan of going out on my own. Even simple things like going to the grocery store I much rather have a companion tag along. I get all awkward feeling when I am riding solo, sometimes even a bit anxious. So naturally one of my biggest concerns about having a kid was the fear of taking her out by myself. I thought a simple task of going on a Target run would induce panic. I really didn't know what post partum would look like. Would I get all depressed? Would I let anyone else hold my baby? Would I freak out about having guest? Would I never ever want to leave the house ever again?
 And then entered this sweet girl into our lives. Sure there are days where having a baby keeps me on my toes and I have moments of worry, but all in all I feel like my gal has actually made me more relaxed, more at peace, and overall happier. From the get go we have been taking her out here and there (may be regretting this a bit as she already has her first winter cold). The other day I was shopping in Target, just Hannah and I, and I realized I didn't mind shopping "alone" one bit. I had my little trusty buddy with me and though she was asleep I felt like I was with the best company.
I am so glad Hannah is in our lives and one of my biggest hopes is that she will continue to be my buddy for a long long time. To this day my own mother is one of my very best friends and I pray often that Hannah and I will have the same relationship. I know there are many parenting challenges ahead (I mean we are already tackling the big bad cold) but I look forward to the many exciting moments, love, and memories of being this gal's mom. I love you Hannah!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Love the updates on lil Hannah. Such a beauty!

Anonymous said...

I love the weekly bench pictures with the cutest baby!
Love ya...mom