Tuesday, March 5, 2013

5 weeks

Oh little Hannah, such a cutie. Friday marked 5 weeks for the little girl that stole our hearts. Yet again I had grand picture plans that were flattened by life. I thought it would be so darn clever to put her bench on the back of the (parked) U-haul truck and snap pictures. You know, not very realistic when not only are you stressed with moving but it is also 20 degrees out and the ground is covered in snow. So Saturday pictures amongst boxes it is.

 Speaking of moving, I have found moving to be much more stressful than having a baby. I get uber overwhelmed not knowing where things are. I have been ridiculously cranky but I am grateful and glad to be in a new house. We stopped in for brunch at one of our favorite restaurants before going to pick up some straggler items at our old house. Brian commented on how we looked like those new parents that look miserable and tired, but the funny thing is we weren't exhausted and looking oh so rough from our baby but from moving.  Fortunately Hannah had 2 straight sleepy days during the move so she pretty much chilled out sleeping in her car seat amongst the shuffle of boxes.
Oh how she grows and she grows. Breaking news in the world of Hannah: we have smiles! I once took pride in the fact that I didn't talk baby talk with her. That got shot out the window as soon as smiles came into play. Now I will do anything, including talking like a ridiculous woman to get her to flash one of those gummy smiles. Unfortunately none were captured in this photo session. I still don't know why I always get around to taking pictures at night during her crankiest of hours.
 Oh Hannah, I love you...even though it took me over an hour to write this post because you are unhappy with life for some reason this afternoon. Even your cries are super cute though so I'd say you are a keeper.





No comments: