
Oh my, five months. Yes, I am still over sentimental about every little milestone. Summer is here and my baby continues to grow.
Five beautiful months with my wonderful baby girl. It has been
the most joyous five months as I am continuously blown away how awesome
parenting this little girl is. Now I know every mom thinks their kid is
special, but I really never imagined what a fun little personality a baby could
have. She is hilarious, smiley, sassy and oh so sweet with a perfect side of
serious. I like to jot down in my journal characteristics and details that I
love about her as it seems like she is always changing and I don’t want to
forget all these priceless moments.
So what is new this month in the life of a baby? Let’s see,
Hannah popped her first tooth a week ago. Overall she handled it much better
than horror stories I have heard about teething; she didn’t go out killing puppies
or burning down houses in rage so we’re happy. As of lately, she is finding much
more coordination. It is hilariously cute to watch her relocate her pacifier
back in her mouth. I was always looking
forward to the day when she could occupy herself by playing with toys so I could
get more stuff done around the house. Instead, I find myself staring at her in
amazement as if she has just broken some amazing toy holding world record. I
wonder what it would be like if someone oohed and awed every time I picked up
an object. She is also mastering a fake laugh that she uses to gain attention
when bored, when tired but entertained, and when she is on the brink of a
meltdown. It is pretty much the phoniest but cutest thing I have ever
witnessed. It is funny how I never
anticipated to find these little details to be so exciting in parenting.
My big girl is now sleeping all night in her crib without
being swaddled. She typically will roll over on her side clutching a little
knitted animal friend. Both Brian I will quietly sneak into her room after she
is put down for night and watch her sleeping in absolute amazement of her
cuteness. Her sleep habits throughout the night are still a bit unpredictable;
she may wake up once, she may wake up three times. Typically it doesn’t take
but five to ten minutes to get her back to sleep with a quick feeding or
soothing, so some nights I hardly remember if I got up or not. Though she is
boycotting rolling after I scared her with my excited scream the second time,
she manages to move from one end of the crib to the other and position her body
in the opposite direction that she started. I love going to pick her up in the
morning and seeing where she ended up.
I am totally loving watching Brian and Hannah’s daddy/daughter
relationship grow. Brian has always been a wonderful loving Dad but now that
she is getting older and more durable he is able to have more fun with her. I
just hold my breath and turn my head the opposite direction when he tosses her
in the air or hangs her upside down. I am sure he has heard, “careful she is still
a little baby, her bones aren’t fully developed” one too many times. Hannah absolute
loves her Daddy’s kisses, funny faces, and even rough and tumble attention. I
have a feeling these two are going to be the best of friends. I feel this overwhelming sense of fulfillment
when I see the two of them together. In fact there are so many moments that I
think my heart just can’t handle the cuteness of little Hannah.
I just love our sweet and happy girl. Some days I think that
I don’t deserve to have such an awesome kiddo like Hannah. I know God has some
great plans for our little bug. I have a feeling that her personality is just
going to get more and more awesome. It is a little daunting knowing that she is
getting ready to emerge into this state that our actions, words, discipline and
example are going to influence her more and more. She is just so naturally
wonderfully made and I don’t want to mess that up with my own flaws. I am
always in prayer for God to protect her and to give us wisdom on how to raise
our sweet girl. Still so grateful, so thankful, and so in love with Hannah.
No comments:
Post a Comment