Monday, August 26, 2013

7 months.



Seven months for Hannah, horray!

This little cutie continues to be…well…cute.
It has been a fun and busy month and a bit of an emotional roller coaster for our kid. We suspect the culprit is teething. It is kind of a funny thing, parents seem to have an obligation to come with a reason as to why their child is cranky “Oh she is just tired.” “We skipped nap time” “She is hungry.” “She is teething.” But for real, our child must be teething, that or overtaken by the cranky monster.
 
She still has been her silly goofy self in between the tears and rubbing of ears and sleepless nights. Her new favorite is hanging upside down, tongue sticking out, babbling away. I don’t know where we got this crazy kid from some days. 
She loves blowing raspberries and making ridiculous faces. While toys are pretty cool, mom’s iPhone is the best. It must be pretty tasty too. Speaking of eating, she is our little foodie and has loved everything she has tried: broccoli, peas, green beans, sweet potato, carrots, banana, pears, prunes, peaches, plums, avocado….grass, rocks, the mail…you know the usual.

Hannah is starting to sit up much better, though she can’t catch herself when toppling over. She isn’t exactly a strong baby and she still struggles to roll over. Some nights she wakes up on her stomach screaming and I have to go in and flip her over. I don’t suspect she will be crawling anytime soon. She hasn’t gotten on her hands and knees yet on her own and when I put her in that position she gets super angry. Last night I actually had a dream that she started walking before she started crawling. It was a bit of a nightmare because our house wasn’t childproofed and she was getting in to everything. I woke up this morning relieved to find my not so mobile child babbling away. She seems more concerned with talking and taking in the scenery then getting moving, and for now that is okay with me. 

I love the way this chatty little girl normally full of sass and silliness gets really quiet around other people. She kind of reminds me of myself. Big groups of people make me a little nervous and I don’t always like to talk a lot. Hannah seems to be the same way. She doesn’t cry or get upset when other people hold her but she definitely doesn’t show off her full personality.
 
I am sitting here typing this up as Hannah is taking a nap and I am struggling to think of exciting things to write about because all I want to do is take a nap myself. Does the advice “sleep when baby sleeps” still apply when they are seven months?  I think it should.
I know I have said it before, but this little girl has transformed my life. I have a deeper and more passionate understanding of love. The overwhelming love I have for her brings me to tears on a regular occasion. I will never be able to express how thankful I am for her. To the sweetest girl I know, I love you buggy.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am happy that you post every month. She has changed by leaps and bounds. Love you girls...
Momma