Disclaimer: This is neither
theological nor scientific; it is merely some of my basic level (and heartfelt)
thoughts written down. Sometimes I just need to get my stirring thoughts out of my head and
on the screen so I can sleep a little easier.
I am taking virtually no risk by placing my faith in creation and
salvation through Christ. I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. In
contrast if I placed my faith in evolution and the unknown purpose of existence,
I have nothing to gain and everything to lose.
Creation gives me hope, creation gives me purpose, and in the
end if I am wrong what does it really matter? There will be no consequence; I
will still have lived a life of hope, a life guided by respectable morals and standards, and I
will have sought out (but of course often failed) to love like the biblical Christ. The worst case
scenario would perhaps being deemed an “idiot.” In that case, I am perfectly
accepting of being called an idiot, because when it is all said and done I will
be dead and gone anyways. Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t believe faith should
be based on fear or carefully calculated risks, but as a human I can’t help but
strive to find purpose and meaning. If I choose Christ and creation there are
essentially no everlasting risks.
If I put my faith in evolution and I am wrong, the
consequences are devastating and eternally terrifying. I really have nothing to
gain by believing in evolution. It is theory that offers no hope to my life.
So, let’s say evolutionary scientist are right, the world has been evolving
over millions of years, what does it really matter? Even if science and technology
continue to improve over time, those advancements ultimately serve no purpose. Maybe a few extra years can be added to
someone’s life, but in the end they will still die. In fact, we all are going
to die. Teachers, students, scientist, historians, doctors, and many other people
that we may claim make a difference in this world are going to die. Sure, maybe
their legacy will live on for some years, but eventually that will die out too.
We can educate young minds with evolutionary science but eventually those young
minds are going to die. So if there was no creation, there is no God, and there
is no eternal salvation through Jesus Christ, that’s it folks. We live, we die,
nothing to gain but a short lived life.
So am I being ignorant? If I am it sure as heck doesn’t
matter, that is if there isn’t eternity in heaven waiting for me. But I believe
this earth is full of complexity and beauty and was created with purpose by God.
I am thankful for the love of Christ and my purpose is to show that love.
Whether or not I succeed in that is a whole other topic of discussion but I am
sure glad I was given a purpose and have hope in Jesus Christ, salvation, and
eternity in Heaven.

2 comments:
Love This...I want this to go viral! Can I share it? - samantha
You said this so intelligently and simply. I would want the world to hear it. Thank you. And I too hope it goes viral!
Love ya...mom
Post a Comment