Thursday, December 10, 2015

Cooper: 3 months

I think you know you really are a part of the family when you acquire multiple nicknames. Now don't get me wrong, Cooper has always been loved by us and obviously he has always been our family, but now at this age we all really really like the guy. Some of his nicknames thus far have included Coupe de Ville, Mr. Coop, Coopy, Little Coop, Baby Bear, my little buddy. I especially love hearing Hannah walk into a room and ask for Cooper using one of his nicknames. Or how about when he is crying and she rests her hand on his chest and says, "Its okay, I  am here my little buddy." Melt my heart!

I think it is sadly time to retire the good ol monthly picture bench. It is falling apart and is an occupational hazard (Cooper's occupation being super cute baby model to this blog). I thought it would be fun to compare pictures of Hannah and Cooper on it, but alas I think it is always a few seconds away from collapsing. This guy, he is so stinking sweet. He is the easiest fella to get to smile and laugh (with the exception of taking these 3 month pictures of course), Its a relief thinking back on his first 6 weeks wondering if he would ever be happy. His laugh is contagious but watch out, he gets the hiccups almost every time. This kiddo especially thinks it is hilarious to get undressed and dressed and is super ticklish. I seriously think Cooper is the coolest dude.


Honestly it is getting easier to write about Cooper now. My first few posts I struggled to find words, because, well babies can be a little boring, not to mention I was in a blurred state of exhaustion. While he isn't cracking jokes or reciting his ABCs yet this little fella is fun. I could look into the sweet sparkling eyes all day and listen to his laugh. Cooper is still pretty strong. He is rolling over from stomach to back with more ease and getting more and more sturdy, though he still has a bit of a bobble head. He has managed to stay pretty healthy despite our whole household being sick for what seems like the whole month. He has been a little congested (and resisting sleep) the last few days, meanwhile the rest of  us have been hacking (and wanting to sleep all the time).
He has been a good trooper in the midst of our somewhat busy body ways. He happily accompanies us out and about, to football games, and travels. He gets a little sassy in his car seat after awhile with discontent squeals but overall is a pretty happy camper. We shall see how an upcoming 12+ hour trip goes. Cooper's stomach issues seem to be much better. I have been avoiding a lot of dairy and it seems like it may have helped. I selfishly kinda wish it didn't because I love ice cream so much. It doesn't help that my husband happens to be an expert ice cream maker. One night I decided to test it out with a helping of Brian's homemade almond ice cream and the next day he was pretty fussy. Coincidence or not, it isn't hurting me to go without milk or ice cream. In fact I probably am healthier because of it.


This kid, he is growing like a weed. He feels so solid. He is constantly moving, kicking, scratching at himself, and doing the whip/nae nae. Most of the time he is more content wiggling around in the swing or on the floor than being held and snuggled. Overall he is becoming a better sleeper though he still has some tough nights. Usually he will get in a good 6-8 hour stretch, have a quick eating and then go back to sleep for a 3-6 hour period. Unfortunately his long stretch of sleep is during the first half of the night and I am normally being an irresponsible mom and staying up too late during much of that time. Coop says, "not my problem mom". Little does he know I am doing super important things like watching Jimmy Fallon videos, stalking Facebook, catching up on Grey's Anatomy and eating Christmas cookies.

Speaking of Christmas, I am really enjoying this season of celebration. I have been known to be a bit of a grinch when it comes to Christmas. I really don't like or appreciate the commercialization of it. This year however has been so fun now that Hannah is older and understands it better. It makes me look forward to our growing family spending quality time together celebrating the birth of Jesus and creating new traditions. Don't tell Cooper, but he is getting nadda for Christmas. Not until he can open his own presents. Maybe next year buddy.

I feel like I always close these posts with the same lines about how thankful I am for my family. It really is true. I am. I have been challenged lately though through some learning, teaching, and digging in the Word. I am realizing I place too much of my identity in my family when I am called to first and foremost love the Lord. He should be set apart in my life. How I love my family should then reflect the love of Christ. My fulfillment should come from Him. Family is such an incredible gift and I am grateful to go through this life with Brian, Hannah, Cooper and hopefully future children. I hope that both as individuals and as a family that we will glorify God first and foremost. I think that is easier for me to put into words than actions and is something I have to develop through seeking a deeper relationship with the Lord. I hope to be an example for these kids. That they will see the way I love God, how I fear and respect Him, the joy I have in His hope and grace and be encouraged to live out His mission, to seek and to save that which was lost.

Happy 3 months of life Cooper. We sure do love you and like you too.






No comments: