Big sister Hannah recently celebrated her THIRD birthday. I plan to get around to writing separate post on just her. We spent time celebrating her birthday at the farm in the snow. It was simply magical seeing the farm covered in a white blanket of snow. We had endless fun and even Mr. Cooper joined us outside on a warmer day. It is always nice to spend time with family (and framily too).
We returned home where we all had our fair share of snot, coughing, congestion and all that jazz. Little Cooper though had the toughest time. The poor little guy sounded horrible, his chest was so raspy. He was sleeping terrible and was totally miserable. He completely lost his sparkly eyes and spent a few days crying practically nonstop. It was sad seeing our sweet and always happy baby so upset and there wasn't much we could do to help him other than some Tylenol to reduce his fever and help him sleep a little here and there. It made me realize how fortunate we have been with our kids health wise. They have always been pretty healthy and just seeing Cooper truly miserable for a few days made me feel compassionate to those parents with sick kiddos, especially those in the hospital.
My parents kindly offered to pick Hannah up for two nights so I could get some rest. I was feeling rather rotten with a cough. Cooper had not been sleeping and I was just exhausted. It turned out to be a really special time with the little guy. I find with two kids it is a little challenging to get really good quality time with them individually. It was really nice to cuddle up with Cooper all day without any distractions. Thanks mom and dad!
We all thankfully have made it through the household cold for the most part. Cooper has regained those sparkly eyes. I can't help to nickname him Sparkles. He continues to provide us with so much of his contagious joy. The boy sure is a happy fella. He is getting to be so big. One day he was wearing 3 month pajamas and the next day he was in 9 month pajamas. Apparently he decided to skip right over 6 months. This little boy seems to look a little different every day, especially his ever changing hairline. I can't seem to tame his cradle cap which causes his hair to fall out in clumps. If anyone has any tips, holler! So far I have tried coconut oil and Mustela shampoo. The shampoo helps but if I don't use it at least every day his cradle cap comes back with a vengeance. Not to mention, the shampoo makes him smell like an old lady.
Cooper continues to wiggle and move constantly. He can inch his way around on his back like a worm on the floor. His rolling over is hit or miss depending on how motivated he is. The other day I left him for a moment on his back and I returned to the room to find him playing with a toy on his stomach. Total example of second child syndrome. I shrugged and said to myself, "I guess he is rolling from back to front now."
Cooper really adores his big sister. She can get him to laugh so easily. He loves when she sings to him. Sometimes if she hears him crying in his room while he is trying to fall asleep she will sneak in there and sing to him. He will start laughing like crazy which is not exactly conducive to getting him to sleep but I am okay with it because I hope that their love for each other continues to grow more and more.
I have obviously said this before but I will say it again and again; I am very thankful for this bright eyed boy. He is a little joy and it is so fun watching him grow. It is hard to soak it all in with the business of life and I feel like I am missing so much. At the same time I am thankful for the time I get to spend with both our kiddos. They are both pretty dang cool and even though some moments feel chaotic (like when they are both crying simultaneously at bedtime) it is fun being their mom. It seems pretty surreal that I have a three year old and a baby that is almost half a year already. Slow down time, slow down. Stay little a bit longer my sweet babes!
No comments:
Post a Comment