My eight toothed little boy. Seven months. Seven months in our life and a little light of love. I keep thinking back on that sweet moment that we welcomed him into the world. It is still so vivid and special in my mind and I am forever grateful for that memory. Cooper Alan my first son and my little love.
This dude, he is still oh so sweet and cute. I love his mouth full of teeth and that little tongue that he is constantly sticking out. His favorite noise to babble is "Dadda". No no son, don't you worry about your Momma, you know the one that feeds you, bathes you, cleans your bum, gets you dressed, and makes sure you get plenty of rest. I get it, those things are no fun. It's okay, Daddy's are the cool funny ones. Of course you would be obsessed with his name.
I can't seem to get enough of this boy. Even though I am home most days with the kids it never feels like I can find all the quality time that I would like with him. I cherish those rare moments of just the two of us together. I wish my eyes could meet his sparkly happy eyes more in a day and that we could share even more smiles. But I love that moment I go to pick him up out of bed, those little feet kicking and the biggest happiest tooth filled grin. It is a special feeling to have someone that is so incredibly excited to see you. The other night my parents were watching the kiddos so Brian and I could go out to an event. Cooper lately has been super easy to put down for naps and to bed so I expected they would have no trouble. Well apparently he gave my mom a terrible fit about going to bed. We arrived home after 9 and Cooper was sitting on her lap still awake fighting any kind of sleep. The moment I walked over to him and he saw that I was home, he dropped his pacifier out of his mouth and started laughing so hard. He was truly so glad to have me home. I was able to quickly get him to sleep after that; it was as if he just wanted his mommy. He is getting so big and growing up so fast and one of my favorite parts about that is his evident love of me.
While this kiddo is so sweet and happy, I will say he has been a little less content this past month. I remember with Hannah (and by remember I mean I read about it in my blog) her being equally discontent at this age. It seems to be an in between stage of wanting to explore but not quite mobile enough to entertain themselves on their own. Cooper wants our constant companionship and entertainment, which can be tough. If he is left for just a little time by himself he can get pretty upset. I have been finding myself using my wrap more to tote him around the house as I get things done or begging Hannah to make him laugh and keep him happy.
I can't think of all too much more to write about Cooper and this month. He is trying out new foods and gobbling down some purees. He is more interested in playing with toys. He babbles and rolls around. You know, all those baby things that babies do. Coop loves his big sister and his doggy too. He is becoming a much better traveler and both the kids are super easy to take out and about. This month is a bit of a blur (as always it seems) as we are prepping for our nomadic summer and big move to Alaska. So I will just leave these last few pictures here for your enjoyment. These siblings....
I mainly write in this blog to help me remember and record the first year of these kiddo's life. So much changes so fast and it is hard to take it all in. I love reading back on posts about Hannah and remembering those precious days. I am also finding it helps me see the beauty in the every day way of life. I often am impatient, speak unkindly, and am easily frustrated as a parent. It can be hard to step back and focus on all that is oh so good. But when I read through these posts it is easy to see that this is a sweet life I have and that these kids are super great.


No comments:
Post a Comment