Friday, February 13, 2009

What Wonders Weather Can Do






Wow, its amazing how 50 degree weather in the winter can really bring my spirits up. I had a fantastic time this past weekend. I traveled down to Connecticut to visit my favorite guy...I believe his name is Brian. We drove out to this huge casino called Mohegan Sun. I was mesmerized just driving in; I felt like we were entering a large airport, with tons of parking garages and huge hotel, and but of course the casino. Our main destination was Jimmy Buffets restaurant, Margaritaville. Of course, there was a wait, which I am sure is a plot to get people to gamble. We had a little designated money to play on the slots. Land behold, after almost losing it all, I caught my eye on the a machine that I just new had to be good. We gained all our money back and $30 more. With that we walked away excited, and walked around the mall. It was amazing place, with all the sites and sounds. Reminded me of the movie Wall-E where all the inhabitants of the spacecraft were in a trance. Honestly, I found to kind of sad to watch people desperately waste away their money in hopes of something more, with only disappointment. Anyways, we had good luck, probably due to the fact that we had a set minimum amount to spend just for the sake of being at such a unique place.

Anyways, we had our tasty dinner and we had a fantastic little date out at this most unusual, exciting place. I was impressed by the waterfalls. Well heres where even more excitement comes in. The next day I went outside, and land behold, it was 53 degrees! Snow started to melt, and I actually saw the ground for the first time this winter. Brian and I proceeded to enjoy the weather by spending some time in Mystic. We went to the all so famous Mystic Pizza, where the movie with Julia Roberts, "Mystic Pizza," was filmed. Clever name, huh? People were oot and aboot, as this rare phenomenon called sunshine was beaming down for all to enjoy. Joy radiated out of me!

This week the warmer weather continued on until today, booo! I wish I had some pictures to post of my weekend, but ever since I bought Brian his new camera for Christmas, we have been taking pictures just on that. Brian, if you are reading this, ask me for my login information to this blog and add a picture, please. ;-)

Ah, Sunshine, I love you!

1 comment:

Lacey said...

Sounds great -- and I am glad some sunny weather is warming you! I love Mystic - we went there once on a vacation - it is such a cute town.