
You know what? I really miss New England, especially in the fall. It just isn't as pretty and charming here. That cool crisp air, oh how marvelous. Sometimes I catch myself daydreaming of a life living in New England once again. I have it all pictured in my head, bundled up with colorful scarfs, cute pea coats, mittens, and a warm cup of coffee in hand, strolling down brick laid streets of some adorably charming coastal town.
You see transfer season is quickly coming upon us, the time in our lives where the Coast Guard tells us where we will be heading next. We will be submitting our dream sheet here soon, and with that I in fact DREAM. Oh how exciting it would be to walk the streets of Boston everyday, or how about Newport, Portland, or Woods Hole. I can see myself picking out vegetables from Haymarket Square on weekends, visiting all sorts of lighthouses, taking Sampson for a stroll at the Cliff Walks, hiking to see magnificent fall views...(in my dream I am simultaneously living in all our potential picked out New England towns and even those not on the list)
Don't worry though, I can snap out of my fantasy world and realize that none of that may be in our future. We could easily end up in California or Alabama...or Texas.....or how about Florida; and that is perfectly okay. Its an adventure we are in and I am up for anything. I know that wherever we are placed it will be for a good reason and God will provide. Tonight though I dream of pumpkin spiced lattes, apple picking, and crimson leaves.
No comments:
Post a Comment