Friday, October 22, 2010

Satisfy My Soul, Oh Lord

Why do we always look to others to satisfy our needs? I know I sometimes have a habit of doing it. We are raised in a society where a spouse is supposed to satisfy all our needs. How impossible and how sad. I am glad my husband was not created for the mere purpose of satisfying my needs. I am glad he has more meaning and purpose to his life then me, an emotional complex woman.

People look and look for that person, the one, that will fix and heal everything, but guess what? He or she will never be able to live up to those expectations. So what do they do? They move on to the next person, thinking that maybe perhaps they will be the one, only to be let down yet again. Some people live their whole lives trying to find a significant other that can live up to all their dreams and expectations. It is simply impossible. We are human, we have our flaws, and we don’t have the ability by any means to rescue, to save, to be 100% there for another individual.

However, the good news is, we can be a part of a support system, a help mate, a partner, and a friend. We can lift our spouses up with encouragement and cry along their side. We can offer up support and lend a helping hand. We can do that, and that is wonderful, and I am so blessed to have my husband as my partner.

I am ever more blessed to have God in my life, who provided a Savior for me. He is my healer! He is unflawed and able to provide. My purpose is to serve Him. Serving others is a part of serving Him, including serving my husband. I will never be able to have the ability to rescue someone from their misery, heartaches, or flaws, and honestly that would seem like too big of a responsibility. I am glad we can look up to God for that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent post ma'am.

- Terry