Thursday, November 25, 2010

Face Off


It would probably be appropriate to write about the season of Thanksgiving, but that would be too cliche, being Thanksgiving Day and all. So instead I will tell you that I have found my new favorite sporting event: NHL Hockey.

Last night Brian and I joined his friend and said friend's family to a Tampa Bay Lighting game. You see I don't know too much about hockey, but for some reason something deep inside me just wells up with joy and excitement when I see a hockey fight. I don't know if I have some internal aggressive side that I am not aware of, but I just love it. I also adore that you can yell and scream and make fun of whoever you want, and this is completely acceptable and all a part of the experience. Not sure why I find this so amazing, and maybe I should be worried about my own personal soul and well being or something. But whatever, moving on....

I got to wear a sweet hockey jersey and drink cheep beer. Yeah, that was pretty dang awesome. I don't particularly enjoy most beer on any typical occasion, but something about a hockey game and wearing a jersey brings out a good taste in a big ol' cheap brewski. Yeah, thats right, now I am a screaming, beer drinking, fight loving hockey hooligan.

Good Times!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Now you can shout phrases like "Let's Kick Some Ice!"
and spill beer on the guy in front of you while you stand up to scream your "kick ice" phrase.

Sabasue said...

my favorite thing to say is, "PUCK OFF and PUCK YOU" Terrible, I know.