Monday, May 30, 2011

In Honor of:


As soon as you step foot into the Masalin home, a tidal wave of love rushes over. They pour out kindness, hospitality, and humor. We love this family as our own, and I am especially grateful for the love they have shown us. They have helped mold Brian and I, and have given us a better understanding of what it means to love. I clearly remember one evening sitting outside in the mountains of North Carolina, Brian and I were discussing our plans for raising our own family and what kind of parents we would like to be and what our family structure would look like. We kept referring back to the Masalins, with hopes that one day our own family could exhibit such closeness and pure love. They shine God’s love in all aspects of their lives and their passion for relationships goes beyond exemplary. I am so glad they took Brian in during his years at the Academy and helped lead both of us into a Godly relationship.


Yesterday, upon returning from our vacation out of the country, we heard of the saddening news of the passing of their youngest son Levis and their cousin James. Oh how we would of done anything to been able to attend the services. Levis was like a little brother to both Brian and I, as well as dozens of other cadets. He was always the center of attention of the large group of weekend Masalin home gatherers, providing countless hilarious jokes, belly laughs, and hugs. We love this kid so much, and feel honored to have known him. Even just being 15, he truly touched so many people’s lives. Though saddened by his loss here on earth, I can't help but smile every time I think about him. We celebrate the impact of his life and look forward to a big Heavenly hug. We love you Masalins.



No comments: