Best Vacation EVER- I think so. We recently returned from a glorious vacation, so rejuvenating and simply wonderful. I felt bit undeserving and spoiled to go on such a nice trip, but I'd say some time away is just what the marriage doctor ordered. I didn't exactly realize how super busy we had gotten and how little time we had been spending together. Two weeks together without work, school, and endless commitments and activities made for a very special time. I can't explain how much fun we had but I will try. We started with a 7 day cruise to Cozumel, Belize City, Roatan Island, and Grand Cayman, followed by a few days in Florida.

In Cozumel we rented the cutest little convertible smart car and adventured over to the secluded and beautiful east side of the island. We stopped along the way at various bar/restaurant beach establishments. One place, where we ate shrimp fajitas, had a nice cove where we were able to go snorkeling. The drive along the unbelievably gorgeous coastline while jamming to some Hispanic tunes with the soft top down made for the perfect afternoon. We gradually made it back to the touristy west side where we zipped through traffic and did a little shopping. I am so happy we went the adventurous and independent route in Cozumel.

The next stop, Belize City, was not as appealing. We didn't have any excursions or anything planned, and the locals there were not so pleasant. We made it out of the port shopping/security point where were bombarded by rudely aggressive individuals attempting to whisk us away. We went back to the port area where we had some local beer and then decided to head back to the ship and take advantage of the adult only pool while it wasn't crowded. It turned out to be a very relaxing day.

Now to my absolute favorite place ever, Roatan Island. I am in love with this island of Hondurus and would move there in a heart beat. The locals are so kind and the spirit around the island is so friendly. We went to the top of the island and went zip-lining through the jungle, which overlooked the ocean. The views were breathtaking and the zip-lining was an absolute blast; I even ziplined upside down once. We got to play with the monkeys and then were taken to the North shore where we did more snorkeling and ate empanadas. Our van driver took us to some roadside stands where we got some souvenirs, coffee, and some sugar cane juice. Awesome awesome place, I hope to go back one day and spend more time.


Our last port of call was Cayman Islands, where we took a catamaran out to swim with stingrays and snorkeling at a reef. What a cool experience; the stingrays were unbelievably incredible. We even gave those soft creatures some nice slobbery kisses and fed them some fishies. Afterward we headed into town where we ate the best fried conch and jerk chicken at a little roadside stand and enjoyed some local beer.

We also had fun on the cruise itself where we chowed down on lots of food, hung out by the pool, saw some hilarious comedians, and even won a dance competition. Even though we went the cruise route for vacation, I think we got a good dose of adventuring and independent exploring of different cultures and areas. After the cruise we spent a few days at Brian's parents, where we enjoyed boating, fishing, Ray's game, Cuban food,swimming with Sampson and spending time with family. What a treat this vacation was and I can't wait to save our pennies for our oh so hopeful Mediterranean cruise sometime in our lifetime.
No comments:
Post a Comment