Wednesday, June 29, 2011

first 2 weeks

I have been wanting to blog about Milwaukee everyday now, but something always seems to come up. I am hoping to keep up to date on our new adventure here in the Brew City.

Moving was a little tougher emotionally than I thought it would be. I stopped at my parent's house for a week prior to moving and let me tell you, I sure have missed those mountains. I didn't exactly want to leave.

Our house goods came a little later than we had hoped, and the weather was oh so dreary. Our old but charming upper flat creaked, squeaked, and echoed in its empty state of being. I immediately loved our little village, but the multiple trips across the river to Target and Lowes gave me a little anxiety. Our tight driveway defeated me one frustrated afternoon and I beat up my poor Camry a bit. I was surprised to find myself bawling like a baby a few times throughout the week.

But alas, our furniture and things came (a bit dinged up I might add) and the weather finally cleared. It is now absolutely gorgeous here and we are settling in oh so nicely. I really love it here, I do...I do! We ride our bikes to the markets, bakery, cozy pubs, and the beach. It is pretty much picture perfect; some days I feel like I am on a set of a movie....it is really that oh so dang cute. We have enjoyed an array of local beers and have toured Miller Brewing Company and Lakeside Brewery. We have bought lots of local produce, meats, and natural organic foods and I like that. Food here is oh so tasty and the custard is beyond amazing. The ball park here is also awesome, and we got to see our favorite team take on the Milwaukee Brewers. Last night we biked downtown to the park by the lake to watch the "Big Bang" fireworks. My legs are getting a little sore from all this biking, and I am looking forward to buying a new big kid bike soon.

I think we are going to like it here very much. We shall see what winter will bring. :)

No comments: